Stripe Euro Payments is a add-on to our popular Stripe Payments & Subscriptions module for Magento® 2 which allows merchants to securely accept online payments in any of the following payment methods:
- Bancontact - Belgian, available in Belgium only
- Giropay® - German, available in Germany only
- iDEAL - Dutch standard owned by Currence, available in Netherlands only
- SEPA Direct Debit - Single Euro Payments Area cross-border bank transfers within the Economic and Monetary Union
- SOFORT - German, available in Austria, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands and Spain
Stripe is a payment gateway with a very simple pricing model. In the United States, the pricing would be a simple 2.9% +30¢ per transaction with no monthly fees, refund costs or other hidden fees. You can check the pricing for your country by clicking here. Stripe is one of the most cost effective, reliable and user friendly payment gateways in the world.
These new payment methods are added on top of existing functionality provided by our Stripe Payments module, which includes advanced security features, full admin area integration and additional payment methods such as Apple Pay and 3D Secure.
Any of these methods can be enabled or disabled from the module’s configuration section, and they can be made available for specific countries and supported currencies. They can also be given custom titles appropriate to your checkout flow, or ordered based on the merchant’s preference. A configuration example is shown below:
When an order is placed on your website, the customer will be redirected to the payment authorization provider where they can securely authorize the payment. The provider will then redirect them back to your website where an order success page will be displayed. The only exception is SEPA Direct Debit, where an IBAN completed mandate can be used to charge the customer without a redirect.
Payments received with Bancontact, Giropay and iDEAL are synchronous, which means that the payment will be captured immediately. Orders placed with SOFORT and SEPA Direct Debit are asynchronous, which means that the charge may succeed or fail after several days or even weeks. The module can be notified from Stripe about a successful or failed charge, in which case the order status will be updated from Pending to Processing if the charge has succeeded. This notification cycle is achieved by configuring Stripe Webhooks in your Stripe account. If the payment was successful, a successful order email will be sent to the customer and your earnings from Stripe will be automatically transferred to your bank account on a 7-day rolling basis.
When an authorization fails, the customer will be notified about the payment failure when they are redirected back to your website. For asynchronous methods (SOFORT and SEPA Direct Debit) where you must wait for the charge, the order will be placed normally, and when if it fails after a few days, the order status will switch from Pending to Canceled in your admin area with a comment on the order about the failed charge.
- Supports refunds for all payment methods from the admin area.
- Place orders from the admin area using SEPA Direct Debit.
- Multi address multi-shipping support for the SEPA Direct Debit payment method.
- Enable only for specific countries or for the Euro currency.
- Set custom bank statement descriptors.
- Customers are saved in Stripe and associated with their payments.
- Orders are automatically invoiced and their status is updated when the charge succeeds (using Stripe Webhooks).
- Includes translated direct debit mandates for 32 countries.
- Payment information such as the bank name or the mandate reference are displayed on the order in the admin area.
ADMIN DEMO |
Disclaimer Cryozonic Ltd is an independent Magento® development company whose products are not sponsored by or associated with Stripe, Inc.