NOTE: This is an add-on module to our Stripe Payments Magento extension, which means that you must have the latest version of Stripe Payments installed before installing this module.
Stripe China Payments is an extension that allows merchants using the Stripe payment gateway to securely accept online payments with Alipay or WeChat Pay.
Stripe is a payment gateway with a very simple pricing model. In the United States, the pricing would be a simple 2.9% +30¢ per transaction with no monthly fees, refund costs or other hidden fees. You can check the pricing for your country by clicking here. Stripe is one of the most cost effective, reliable and user friendly payment gateways in the world.
Alipay and WeChat Pay are added on top of existing functionality provided by our Stripe Payments module, which includes advanced security features, full admin area integration and additional payment methods such as Apple Pay and 3D Secure.
Any of these methods can be enabled or disabled from the module’s configuration section, and they can be made available for specific countries and supported currencies. They can also be given custom titles appropriate to your checkout flow, or ordered based on the merchant’s preference (see example configuration).
When an order is placed on your website, the customer will be redirected to Alipay or WeChat Pay for authorization. After completing the authorization, your customer will be redirected back to your website where an order success page will be displayed. The module can be notified from Stripe about a successful or failed authorizations, in which case the order status will be updated from Pending to Processing if the charge has succeeded. This notification cycle is achieved by configuring Stripe Webhooks in your Stripe account. If the payment was successful, a successful order email will be sent to the customer and your earnings from Stripe will be automatically transferred to your bank account on a 7-day rolling basis.
With Alipay, when an authorization fails, the customer will be notified about the payment failure when they are redirected back to your website and the order status will switch from Pending to Canceled in your admin area with a comment on the order about the failed authorization.
With WeChat Pay, mobile customers will be presented with the WeChat app on their device, where they can complete the purchase. If they don't complete the authorization, the order will expire after 6 hours and an email will be sent to them to inform them about the payment failure.
Additionally with WeChat, if the customer is using a desktop browser, they will be presented with a QR code at the checkout success page which they can scan with their mobile device to open the WeChat app and complete the payment.
- Mobile device customers placing an order will have the mobile app open automatically for the payment.
- Desktop device customers placing an order will be presented with a QR code which they can scan with their mobile to pay.
- Supports refunds for both payment methods from the admin area.
- Enable only for specific countries or for the Euro currency.
- Set custom bank statement descriptors.
- Customers are saved in Stripe and associated with their payments.
- Orders are automatically invoiced and their status is updated when the charge succeeds (using Stripe Webhooks).
- Includes locale files for multi-language store setups.
- Payment information such as the bank name or the mandate reference are displayed on the order in the admin area.
ADMIN DEMO |
Compatibility: Magento 2.0.0 - 2.3.0
Cryozonic is a Stripe Verified Partner.